Elephants Take Third Straight From Adams

Dudley Wins Last Minute Victory to Defeat Bellboys

Climbing still higher in the House football rankings, Eliot took its third straight win from the Adams House eleven yesterday by a score of 6-0. Meanwhile the Dudley commuters beat the Lowell Bellboys, cellar team of this year's series, with a long pass in the last few minutes of the game, for another 6-0 win.

Starting fast and pushing all the way the Elephants kept the Adams team in its own territory for almost all of the game. The Eliot tally came early in the second period as three successive first downs brought the team into scoring position. Dick Coe, Freshman quarterback, took the ball over the goal, but the try for the extra point failed, leaving the score 6-0.

Adams Punt Blocked

Later in the second period George Hooper, tackle, blocked a Gold Cost punt and the team was again in scoring position. This time, however, they were stopped by the determined Adams line. Pate Dorsey, Eliot captain and wingback, was injured in the first half, but Dick Chenowcth, speedy fullback, kept the offense moving, calling signals and running most of the plays.

Though ending with the same score the Dudley-Lowell contest was much closer. For the first three periods the two teams pushed each other back and forth, neither getting in a position to score.

Bellboys Stopped

Lowell made the first scoring threat with a drive to the one-yard line early in the fourth period, sparked by Gottschalk on the line plunges, and West and Tosterson on off-tackle plays. The Bellboys were finally stopped inches form the goal by the Commuters, who took the ball over on downs.

The lone score finally came in a last minute touchdown reminiscent of the Varsity victory over Princeton Saturday. The 30 yard heave, thrown by tallback Tom Sullivan, connected with tackle Jack Connelly, who had been switched to end earlier in the game, on the 25-yard line. Connelly then ran for a touchdown without being threatened by a Lowell tackler. Defensively the Commuters owed much of their strength to center Tim Warren, who has sparked the Dudley line in all of the last five contests.