HARRIERS WILL RACE FRIDAY

Uphill Fight Seen for Team In Ivy League Competition

With both Army and Navy invited to participate, the Heptagonal-sponsored meet will take place this Friday in New York City. Sponsored by the Heptagonal Games Association, the meet will include Harvard. Dartmouth, Yale, Princeton, Cornell, Pennsylvania, and Columbia.

After last week's triumph over Yale and Princeton, the Crimson hopes to do well, but will be up against stiff opposition. Dartmouth, which beat Harvard two Fridays ago, is favored to repeat their victory of last year. The Big Green's feature runner is Don Burnham, last year's winner. The team also includes John Watkins, an outstanding Sophomore, who tied for first with Burnham against Harvard, and Captain Bob Williams, who finished second in last year's heptagonal.

Cornell Also Strong

Cornell can be counted upon to be strong and has always done well in heptagonal competition. Balanced by several veterans form last year's team, the strong Freshman outfit.

Yale and Princeton should be stronger Friday than in dual competition. Leroy Schwartzkopf of Yale should give Burnham plenty of trouble and the Orange and Black figures to bounce back from last week's defeat.

Columbia and Penn are unknown quantities and both have mediocre teams. Not much is known of Army and Navy's strength, but neither should be considered a threat. This is the fourth Heptagonal meet so far. In 1939, first year of the competition, Captain Penn Tuttle's Crimson harriers tied for first with Cornell.