Booters Play With Changes in Lineup

Soccer Team To Meet Mass. State at Amherst Tomorrow

By Joseph H. Sharlitt

Traveling to Amherst tomorrow the Varsity soccer team will take its first taste of road competition, when it faces Massachusetts State on State's homefield. The booters seek their third win of the season, having begun the campaign with successive wins over Tufts, and Clark; and then skidded to a tie with Army, and losses to Springfield and Princeton.

Coach MacDonald plans to start a very slightly revised team tomorrow, with all the changes occuring in the Crimson defense. Mike Keene will appear at goalie, once again taking the job from Doug Thompson, who had it for the first month of the season.

Forster to Start Again

Dick Forster, Sophomore star, will start for the second week in a row, after having cavorted with the scrubs for the beginning weeks. In all other respects, the lineup will be exactly the same as it has been throughout the season, with inside forward Dick Gifford leading the eleven from his line post.

Massachusetts, a little-known contender from Amherst, nonetheless has made its mark in New England league play this season. After a fast start, the downstaters met with success until they bumped into an outstanding Amherst aggregation that subdued them 4-0 just, a week ago.

First Game Away

The Varsity squad will leave South Station at 7:45 tomorrow morning and plan to take the field at 2:00 in the afternoon. This contest is the first on the road for the Crimson this year, and looks to be an outstanding New England loop tussle.

The team is at full strength for the Mass State battle. Only wing Buzz Sawhill will be unable to make the trip, and his inside forward slot has been filled by Jim Apthorp or Jack Dixson for the past weeks.

The lineup: g. Keene; rf, Forster; lf, Harbison; rh, Butcher; ch, Slingerland; lh, Mallory; ro, Gifford; rl, Apthorp; cf, Calhoun; H. Drake; le, Berman.

Meanwhile, the '46 soccer team will meet the Tuft Freshmen on the Business School Field at 2 o'clock.