YALE WILL TRAIN WOMEN ENGINEERS

Sixty women specialists will be enrolled in the Yale School of engineering this January for an intensive eight-week aeronautical training course it was announced in New Haven Monday. They will be employees of the Vought-Sikorsky Aircraft Division of the United Aircraft Corporation, and will work in the Vought-Sikorsky plants upon the completion of their course.

The women specialists must be college graduates preferably with training in mathematics and physics. This course will be part of a national program to train women college graduates to replace men in research and specialized jobs in war work and will be the first of such courses, held in close co-operation with a large industry, ever offered at Yale.

Shop Schedule

While studying at New Haven, members of the course will be paid a regular salary, and work on a shop schedule daily from 9 until 5 o'clock. After their graduation they will learn shop technique at the Vought-Sikorsky. Trade School in Bridgeport, and then take jobs at the Stratford plant.

Meanwhile officials of the Curtiss Aircraft Company are combing the women's colleges of the country for 800 girls to be trained for technical jobs.