COMMENCEMENT OPEN TO ALL JUNE GRADUATES

25 Juniors Appointed To Serve as Ushers

Revealing that President Conant had definitely agreed to deliver his baccalaureate address on Sunday morning, January 10, the Senior Class Day Committee announced last night definite plans for the weekend and said that the ceremonies would be open to Seniors graduating in June and in some cases to members of the Junior Class as well.

At the same time F. Barton Harvey '43, third marshal of the class and at present in charge of the ceremonies, announced the appointment of 25 Juniors as ushers. In addition, he disclosed that it was now definite that John L. Hoffman "43 would act as Poet and that Joseph C. Scott '43 would deliver the Ivy Oration.

"Due to the simplicity of the occasion and to the problems of transportation," Harvey said, "the Committee hopes that guests will not come from far out of town." Families and friends who live in the near vicinity will be welcome, however, although admission to the baccalaureate service will probably be by ticket only.

It was decided to allow Seniors and Juniors who will graduate in June to attend the formal graduation exercises, since so many of them will not be here for the ceremonies that would normally be held by their class, Harvey said. However, limitations of space have made it necessary to restrict the dance to the Class of 1943 and the half-dozen Juniors who will be graduating next month.

Plans incomplete

Plans for the ceremonies are not yet complete, he added, revealing that he himself was leaving College to enter the armed services. This will leave Thomas Matters, second marshal of the class, the only member of the trio of important class officers to be left in College, for First Marshal Adelbert Ames III is now enrolled in the Medical School.

The 25 Juniors appointed as ushers are: A. LeRoy Atherton, Thomas N. Bridge, George M. Burditt, Jr., C. Thompson Cowen, John E. Corrigan, Jr., E. Thayer Drake, 3rd, John D. Eusden, Albert P. Everts, Jr., Dan H. Fenn, Stephen W. Gifford, 3rd, Donald Harting, Brooks N. Heath, Robert B. Houston, Jr., Hugh M. Hyde, Wayne Johnson, Jr., John P. Kennedy;

Thomas S. Kuhn, C. Fessenden Morse, 3rd, J. Robert Moskin, Cleo A. O'Donnell, Jr., George A. Saxton, Jr., Andrew W. Welch, Jr., Edward T. Wentworth, Jr., Walter C. Wilson, and Charles W. Young.