FIVE TO MEET JUMBOS TODAY

Opening Tilt After Long Exam Lay-Off

By A.edward Rowse

Harvard's up and down basketball team will throw itself into a rigorous winter schedule of one game every three days when it faces Tufts at 8:45 o'clock tonight in the Indoor Athletic Building. The two Freshman teams will square off at 7:30 o'clock.

By comparative scores, the Crimson should be able to repeat last year's win over the Jumbos, but the fact that Joe Romano will be out of the lineup and the fact that this is the first official game for the Crimson since almost a month ago should even things up.

Romano, the most consistent scorer for Coach Earl Brown so far this season, injured his leg in the Dartmouth tilt on January 10 and is not yet ready for regular duty. His place will probably be taken by Bill Webber, veteran Senior, who looked especially good in Monday's informal contest with Holy Cross.

Rothschild, Lutz at Guard

Ed Rothschild, the only other starting Senior, will probably pair with Sophomore Don Lutze at the guard posts, while high-scoring Bunks Burditt will play center and Chick Lutz at the other forward position.

Coach Art Cochran of the visitors will start Captain Howie Redgate at center, flanked by forwards Dick Van Gundy and Nick Dol Ninno. Two Seniors. Marshall snyder, who have recently beaton out Junior Al Shapiro for their positions, will open the game at guard.

Last year, Ed Buckley's sensational lay-up shot in the last minute of play gave the Crimson a slim one-point margin of victory, 33 to 32, so that the Jumbos may well be expected to go "all out" for revenge in tonight's clash.

In the preliminary encounter, Coach Al McCoy's high-riding Yardling quintet will attempt to keep its winning ways, which has been interrupted only once, by Exeter, 52 to 50. Captain Mike Keene will probably start at center, with Frank Bixler and Dean Hennessey at the forward berths and Mike Do Leo and Don Richards at guard.