Dudley Beats Adams In Hockey Contests

Dormitory, Eliot Win; Bunnies Tie Funsters

Eight House hockey teams squared off in four well-paced ice battles last night. In the outstanding game of the evening, the Dudley Ramblera nosed out Adams, 4-3, while in other contests, Leverett skated Dunster to a 3-3 draw. Eliot defeated an improved Kirkland six, 3-1, and the threatening Dormitory sextet subdued Lowell, 5-4.

The Dudley win was the result of a late rally in this fast, exciting tussle. The commuters were sparked with scores by Cummings, MacDonald, Whittaker and Gormley in a battle with the Gold Coasters. Adams rose to make quite a battle but lacked the necessary punch to stall the winning Rambler drive.

In tieing Leverett, the Dunster pucksters played a brand of hockey superior to any displayed by the Funsters to date. Lawson scored twice and White once to tie the favored Leverett skaters. Harrower and Bill and Dick Eustace each contributed a goal to make up the Bunny total.

Elephants Stop Kirkland

Kirkland rose from the depths of the League cellar to give a superior Eliot squad a battle before sheer power forced the Deacons to give way. Stevens tallied twice and Pope added one marker to edge determined but outclassed Kirkland aggregation.

Continuing their fast rise to the upper brackets of the loop's standing, the Dormitory team took Lowell's measure with a show of snappy skating and accurate shooting that has featured out-of-house play throughout the current season. Benshimol, leader of the winning drive, pulled the old hat trick and pushed three shots into the Bellboy's net, while Holcomb and Morgan finished the job of subduing the aggresive Lowell squad.

The champion Puritans of Winthrop had an evening off but will take the ice against the Yale College leaders in a match at the Boston Skating Club today at 2 o'clock.