GREEN SEXTET MAY CAPTURE TITLE TODAY

Repeat Triumph Over Army Seen As Possible Clincher

New York, March 4--By repeating its 9-4 triumph of last Saturday over Army this afternoon at West Point, Dartmouth's apparently unstoppable hockey team can clinch the Pentagonal League title today. Although known at the outset of the season to be much stronger than last year, the Indians have been something of a surprise as they moved through the circuit with comparative ease, winning all six starts to date by at least a margin of two goals.

The cadets made it interesting for a while at Hanover last week, even taking a brief lead on two occasions in the opening period. Tom Ray tallied first and then, after Jack Riley counted for the Green, Captain Fred Tate sent the visitors ahead for the second time. By the end of the first 20 minutes however, the Green was out in front by a 5-2 count and never encountered trouble thereafter.

Yale meanwhile pulled even again with Princeton in the race for the second spot in the standings by trimming Harvard at Boston, 4-2. The game was marked by the end of the slump experienced by Captain Johnny LeBoutillier of the Elis, the Bulldogs' leader scoring one goal and setting up two others which provided the winning margin.

In addition to the Army-Dartmouth battle today, Princeton will meet Harvard in the Boston Skating Club this evening at 8 o'clock. The Tigers edged out the Crimson, 4 to 2, last month, but it may be a different story tonight with the Massachusetts six on its home ice. The 1942 season will come to a close on Sunday as Dartmouth invades Princeton and Harvard plays Yale at New Haven.

In the individual scoring race, Dick Rondeau of Dartmouth is still well out in front with 16 goals and 12 assists for 28 points, and can virtually be awarded the title in this department. If any one does catch him, it will be either Riley or Harrison of the Indians. The former was to have been given a cease firing order as he prepared to join the Navy, but a change in plans allowed him to face the cadets last week.