VARSITY NINE TO FACE B. U. IN 1ST HOME GAME

Clay Will Start On Mound for Crimson

Captain Lou Clay will lead his Varsity nine against B. U. tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock in an attempt to find the victory road from which Penn lured it last week.

Clay is slated to pitch the team's first home game with Mort Waldstein, who stuck out 11 Terriers last spring, in the number one relief role. Coach Floyd Stahl expects to start the same lineup which began all three games on the spring trip.

Visitors Slugging Rookies

B. U.'s ball team remains as unknown quantity, having played no contests to date. It is reputed, however, to be a hard-hitting rookie outfit, with centerfielder Captain Charlie Thomas the only member of the starting lineup to face the Crimson last year. Slugging rightfielder Carl Erickson has been benched with a leg injury received in football last fall.

Starting pitcher for the Terriers will probably be Howie Mitchell, a versatile right, hander. Bob Goldberg, his chief support, is a fireball hurler who pitched three one-hitters in his school days.

First of Two Contests

The contest tomorrow will be the first half of a home-and-home series, with the second game scheduled for April 25. Last spring's first meeting saw the Crimson beat the visitors 2-1 in 11 innings. Waldstein, going the route, struck out 11 and held B. U. of four hits to break a two-year Terrier jinx.

The current captain, Thomas, scored the opponents' lone run after slamming a double, but also sent home the winning tally with a fatal error. In the second game, the Terriers swamped the Crimson, 15-7, with the Harvard team totaling eight misplays.