Freshman Nine Wins In Seven Innings, 11-7

In a game shortened to seven innings because of transportation difficulties, Coach Samborski's Yardling nine smacked St. Marks 11 to 2 yesterday at Southboro for its first win of the new season.

With Brendon Reilly hurling effectively for the whole seven innings and baffling the opposition with six hits, while striking out thirteen batsmen, the Crimson attack went into high gear, garnering a total of nine hits which produced 11 runs.

Top man in the stick-work department for the Crimson was Vin Leahy with two doubles. Leahy also carried three runs over the plate personally. Runner-up in the hit column was Jim Apthorp who got credit for two singles.

In comparison with the loose fielding displayed against Wentworth last Monday the team's fielding showed some improvement with only three errors committed, none of which proved damaging. Responsible for these miscues were Tom Ayres, the left fielder, Johnny Kilpatrick, third baseman, and Bill Hamlen, the catcher, who was hooted goodnaturedly for his misplay since he was playing against his old school.