First Freshman Dance To Fill Lowell House

Miller or Hildegarde May Amuse Dancers

Opening campaign on the social front for the Class of 1946 will be the Freshman Informal Summer Dance scheduled for tomorrow night from 8 to 12 o'clock in the Lowell House dining Hall. Artie Ross and his orchestra will be featured, probably along with entertainers from Boston who will amuse the dancers during intermissions.

Work may come before pleasure for most students, but this dance is an exception. Formerly scheduled for Friday, a Chem A exam has been postponed on purpose to let even the most industrious forget their books for a while.

Wellesley trip Postponed

Frustrated in an attempt to journey to Wellesley to meet '46ettes, Freshmen have had to use their wits. Some, undaunted by lack of official cooperation at Wellesley, made the trip on their own in order to secure dance partners.

As an aid to Freshmen with dates, many of the Houses have been lenient and extended room permission for tomorrow night until 8 o'clock when the dance begins.

The Dining Hall will be decorated with flags and colored spot lights and filled with the music of Ross's orchestra, which has played often on the North Shore. There are rumors that Hildegrade or Glenn Miller, will be visitors for intermission entertainment. soft drinks and other refreshments will be served throughout the evening.