MIL SCI 2 SCHEDULED FOR ADVANCED ROTC WORK

Final Word on Plan Still Not Received

The mystery of Military Science Two seemed well on its way to a denouement yesterday with unofficial word from Washington finally stating that men completing the basic course this month and already selected for advanced course training will go into Mil Sci 3 on a contract basis in the second semester. Official confirmation is expected momentarily.

Until this weekend it had been assumed that Sophomores in the ROTC, who were covered in last December's order only by the general clause on "all other ERC men", would leave with the rest of the Enlisted Reserve sometime this spring. Ten days ago it was announced that advanced course men would be put on active duty, coincident with the beginning here of the Army Specialized Training Program, and left in College until May. Presumably this latter plan will now extend to Sophomores entering the advanced course in February.

No Immediate Start

It was pointed out that no part of this new system will start until the country-wide Army program goes into effect at Harvard. Up to that time, the ROTC will continue business at the old stand, with its cadets in civvies and the same sort of regimental organization as usual.

Since 32 Mil Sci 4 men are leaving after exams for Fort Sill, a great many new appointments will have to be made in the regiment. The final makeup, including the position to be filled by each class, has not yet been decided. Problems that will face the new organization will include the absence of a Mil Sci 2 class and gradual obliteration of the Freshman cadets by draft and ERC call.