A12-V12 Test Will Be Given to 226

New Lecture Hall Doors to Close for Exam at 9 Today

With the announcement that 226 Harvard civilians have registered for the A-12--V-12 examination this morning, Elliott Perkins '23, Director of the War Service Information Bureau, reiterated his warning that the government does not permit lateness and that the Army and Navy college program hopefuls should be in their seats at New Lecture Hall by the time the Memorial Hall bell booms out 9 o'clock.

At the same time he issued the general warning about promptness, Perkins gave a special warning to the 128 of the group who have designated the Navy as their choice of service. Should they receive notification of their acceptance, having already passed both the mental and physical exams, he said, they should not rush out to enlist or be inducted if they are at home. By waiting until they are back in Cambridge before enlisting, they will have a good chance of being sent to Harvard for their V-12 training.

Although the Army has not yet announced the date when the A-12 candidates will hear whether or not they have passed, Naval offices in Boston have set November 20 as the day when the local V-12 candidates will be notified. They intend to have physical exams and interviews finished by December 15.