Dean Paul to Get Navy Job

Duhig Will Assume Full Duties of Post

Assistant Dean Rodman W. Paul '36, in charge of Juniors and Seniors, yesterday announced hs intention to retire from his University Hall office to accept a commission in the Navy. His duties will be taken over by Charles W. Duhig, acting director of Student employment, Dean A. Chester Hanford said yesterday.

Shifted up into his present position last October as a replacement for Dean Richard F. French '37, Dean Paul was in charge of the two upper classes. His work in the Navy will probably consist of administrative and personnel work in the Air Corps he said.

Previous to his appointment last year, Dean Paul had served as assistant dean five years ago, a post in which he occupied for a year before resigning to take a history fellowship. Last year, when Dean French went into the Army, Paul was chosen to fill the position.

Dean Hanford emphasized the fact that Duhig was being brought up to take over Dean Paul's duties for the time being only and that would carry no official title. Leonard Holvik, filled a similar position when a vacancy was created last summer.

Duhig has been in complete charge of all employment opportunities in the University since 1939. In moving into University Hall, Duhig will be relieved of the student employment problem which became so acute last fall, that he washed dishes for a sort period in commuter's hall.