SWORDSMEN SHARE TITLE IN PENTAGONAL MATCH

Cooledge, Mishara, DuBois Star in Win

Undefeated in dual competition this year, Coach Rene Perey's men fenced their way to a three-way tie in the annual Pentagonal Matches at West Point Saturday.

Hal Cooledge, Junior sabreman, was outstanding under pressure. He won all four of his bouts, and his win over his Eli opponent, which went to 12-all, enabled the Crimson to tie Navy and Princeton in the final tally.

Harvard Leads in Team Matches

Harvard stood out in the individual team matches, winning three out of four. They defeated Navy and Army 5 to 4, and Yale 6 to 3. The Cantabs lost out to Princeton, however, 5 to 4. Army and Yale, in that order, followed the first three teams in the scoring.

This year's edition of swordsmen finished their season Saturday with an enviable record. In previous matches they defeated Columbia and Boston University and tied M. I. T.

Chiefly responsible, aside from Cooledge, for Harvard's showing in the Pentagonal were Art Dubois '45, who won all four of his folly bouts; Don Mishara; Freshman epeeman, triumphed in three out of four bouts.

Responsible for the Crimson success at the Point were John Thompson, Al Rockwood, and DuBois in the foil, Bob Zaugg, Mike Olmstead, and Mishara in the epee, and Cary Kuhlmann, Captain John Ward, and Cooledge in the sabre event.

The team returned to Cambridge late last night after spending Saturday night and Sunday in New York.

Final standings of the teams: Harvard  20 Princeton  20 Navy  20 Army  19 Yale  11