LEVERETT HOUSE LEADER AS SPRING SPORTS NEAR

Boxing Tourney Will Be Held This Week

As the ground begins to thaw, and the ico on the Charles breaks up, House teams enter the spring season, the home stretch in their race for the Straus Trophy designating supremacy in House athletics. Right now, Leverett seems to have a tight grasp on the cup, holding a lead of about 115 points over Winthrop, with Adams holding third place. By the end of the winter season, the lead will probably have increased to about 150.

Two sports, volley ball and squash, are in progress now. Leverett, Adams, and Kirkland, all proud bearers of perfect records, are tied for the lead in the former, but the Bunnies have played one more game than the Deacons and two more than the Gold Coasters. With only a few more days to go, squash has narrowed down to a race between Lowell and Kirkland.

The House boxing tournament will be held Thursday and Friday in the boxing room of the Indoor Athletic Building. All men wishing to compete should sign up either with their House athletic secretaries or with boxing coach Henry Lamar.

The preliminaries will start at 3 o'clock on Thursday, and the survivors will square off at the same time on Friday. Lamar is looking forward to seeing plenty of hopefuls anxiously awaiting the bell. Last year's tournament saw Kirkland finish on top and the Deacon pugilists are out to repeat.

The wrestling tournament will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, running according to a schedule similar to that of boxing with the preliminaries at 3 o'clock Tuesday, and the finals at 3 on Wedesday. Contestants should weigh in on Monday.

As soon as the weather permits, the House oarsmen will rack out the shells and limber up. The season used to begin the first week after the spring vacation and this year will probably begin around April 5. Baseball and softball should start a few days later.

The tennis matches will commence about the middle of April and track gets under way the first Tuesday in May. The obstacle course, a 100 yard ordeal of running, climbing, and crawling, well known to all students in Military and Naval Science, is to be a sport on the House program this spring. This is the first year for the obstacle course as a House sport and its running will take place during the latter part of April.