'45 ELECTIONS WILL BE HELD MONDAY

Class Positions to Be Decided in Balloting

The Class of 1945 will go to the polls for the second time in two weeks next Monday to elect their Class Secretary and their Permanent Class Committee. Nomination of 25 men was announced last night.

In normal times a Class Day Committee would have been simultaneously elected, but it was felt that it would be better to leave the selection of this group until after the war. The size of the Permanent group, however, was increased to nine, in order to compensate in part for postponing the choice of the other committee.

Another change in normal election procedure was made in order not to disqualify unsuccessful candidates for Secretary from election to the Permanent Committee. In the past, the two slates have been kept entirely separate, but this year all those nominated for Secretary are automatically on the ballot for the Class Committee.

Class Committee Considered

Voters should, therefore, make their selection for Secretary, and then consider the other nominees for Secretary on the same basis as those nominated only for the Class Committee when voting for this group. The Secretary will be automatically disqualified from membership on the Class Committee.

Additional nominations may be made be a petition signed by 25 members of the Class. It must be left in the Student Council office in Brooks House or with

1945 Nominations

Secretary

Michael J. De Leo

Richard W. Mechem

Thomas R. Nunan, Jr.

Robert T. P. Storer, Jr.

J. Robertson Ward, Jr.

Orrin G. Wood, Jr.

Permanent Class Committee

John M. Alcorn

James S. Apthorp

Frank D. Bixler

Robert D. Cross

Michael J. De Leo

Joseph L. Eldredge

Oliver D. Filley, Jr.

John W. Fisher

Peter Garland

Augustus L. Hemenway

Dean M. Hennessey

George R. Hooper

Vincent F. Leahy

Richard F. McCarthy

James E. McNulty, Jr.

Richard W. Mechem

Thomas R. Nunan, Jr.

Donald W. Richards

Armand Schwab, Jr.

Sidney O. Smith, Jr.

Robert T. P. Storer, Jr.

J. Robertson Ward, Jr.

Frederic B. Withington, Jr.

Orrin G. Wood, Jr.

Andrew H. Wright and Northeastern most strongly in favor of the first possibility. Every college wanted less power for labor unions.

Claire Luce's "globaloney" speech was the only one not favored in the list, which included the speeches of Wallace and Churchill, the Atlantic Charter, and the Beveridge Plan.

The last question showed the most variation, ranging from the 80 per cent by Wellesley and Simmons, to the 35 per cent of Harvard men who thought "religion should assume a more important role in the post-war world." Fifty per cent of B. U. thought it would, against 70 per cent at Harvard who thought it would not