Indian Quintet Can Clinch Ivy League Title Tomorrow

Circuit Finishes Its Action This Week

A Dartmouth victory or a Princeton defeat in the Eastern Intercollegiate League race this week will give the Hanover Indians their sixth straight basketball championship in the Ivy circuit. In case memory fails to reveal what other college last won the title, the records show that it was Pennsylvania in 1937.

While the Green was assuring itself of at least a tie for first place this season by trimming Princeton, 52 to 33, Freshman Walter Budko of Columbia was taking a commanding lead in the individual scoring race. Tallying 16 points against Yale Wednesday evening and 14 more against Penn on Saturday, the Lions' young but able pivot man has a 146 total in 11 contests. He will end his season Wednesday night against Cornell at home.

Palmer Trails

Fifteen points behind but with one more game than Budko has left to play is Bud Palmer of Princeton. The Tigers' tall center got 15 against Penn last week but was hold to nine at Hanover on Saturday. His 131 total and two games to go leaves him within striking distance of the pace-setting Budko.

Bob "Whitey" Myors can blame Princeton if he doesn't take the individual title this year. The agile Dartmouth forward has scored as many as 22 points in a single league game but has been held to a total of nine in his two contests with the Orange and Black. The seven he could count after last week's victory left him in third place with 124 and, like Palmer, a pair of games to go.

Indians Can Clinch Tomorrow

The six clashes this week will draw the curtain on the league's 40th season, its last normal campaign until the war is over. Dartmouth can clinch the title in a matinoe performance against Penn at Hanover tomorrow afternoon. The champions already hold a 66 to 43 decision over the Quakers, who finally snapped their four-game losing streak by downing Columbia Saturday night in the Palestra, 58 to 49.

Harvard, which conquered Princeton last month at Cambridge, will face the Tigers on the Nassau court tomorrow evening. The afore-mentioned Columbia-Cornell game is the third mid-week contest.

Saturday's schedule sends Dartmouth to Cornell, Princeton to Penn and Yale to Harvard. Basketball Standings   W.  L.  Pct. Dartmouth  9  1  .900 Princeton  7  3  .700 Pennsylvania  6  4  .600 Cornell  5  5  .500 Columbia  5  6  .455 Harvard  4  6  .400 Yale  0  11  .000

THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE

Tomorrow

Pennsylvania at Dartmouth

Cornell at Columbia

Harvard at Princeton

Saturday

Dartmouth at Cornell

Princeton at Pennsylvania

Yale at Harvard

THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE

Tomorrow

Pennsylvania at Dartmouth

Cornell at Columbia

Harvard at Princeton

Saturday

Dartmouth at Cornell

Princeton at Pennsylvania

Yale at Harvard