ARMY QMC BEGINS STUDY HERE TODAY

School First Under Expanded Army Plan

The first of the new Army training establishments announced early this winter gets under way today with the opening of an Army Supply Officers' Training School at the Business School. It will give an intensive three-month course in business administration to 200 Quartermaster Corps officers who have moved into Claverly Hall.

These student officers, ranging in rank from Second Lieutenant to Captain, have been selected from various Quartermaster Corps units throughout the country for training in higher echelon supply work.

Teaching by B-School

Most of the teaching will be in the hands of Business School professors as in all the other schools across the river except the Navy Supply. Several Quartermaster Corps officers will handle certain specialized subjects, however.

At the end of their three months here the men will be sent back to duty in Q. M. Corps posts working as integrators of industry and field supply, and handling some of the problems of large Quartermaster depots.

Not Connected to ROTC

This school, not directly connected with the civilian Quartermaster ROTC, is the fourth service school to be established at the Business School. The other three include the Army Air Forces Statistical School, the Midshipmen's School, and the Navy Supply School, the only one which does not use the civilian faculty.

Claverly, newly emptied of its civilian tenants, houses the majority of the new group. They will take their meals at the Business School.

Others to Follow

This new school for quartermaster affairs is expected to be followed by others both at the College and at the various graduate schools. The dates for these new Army Retraining Programs are not known as yet, but according to the announcement this February, they are to he established at an undetermined time this spring or early during the summer term.

These schools will give highly concentrated courses to specially selectd soldiers, similar to those taking the new course at the Business School, but probably including enlisted men instead of just being confined to officers.