"At the Front"

! ! !

If you can find the latest battle documentary "At the Front," an Army Signal Corps product dealing with the current doings in North Africa, it will be worth your while to sit through almost any sort of accompanying picture to see it. It's the story of the tanks we've heard so much about in the desert warfare theatre. It's crammed full of tank battles, dog-fights and air raids, and from the looks of things, the photographers must have been riding atop the tanks from start to finish. It's that close-up.

The most exciting sequence is the climax showing the defeat of a German tank column by a battery of British guns. You can watch every move of the monster machines, in a way that makes you wonder how any sort of guns or men can stand up against them. The job was done under the direction of Hollywood's Col. Zanuck, and now and then in the course of the action Dear Darryl makes sure you know that he was the boss. All of it, though, is much more clearly photographed than any other front-line shots taken to date.