MIKKOLAMEN FAVORED OVER TUFTS AT STADIUM

Seek First Victory Over Depleted Foe

Anxious to avenge last Saturday's overwhelming defeat at the hands of Rhode Island, the Crimson track team plays host to an underpar Tufts aggregation in a formal dual meet at the Stadium tomorrow afternoon. Field events get under way at 1:30 o'clock, while the track meet starts at 3 o'clock.

With another week of outdoor practice under their belts, the Mikkolamen feel better prepared for the Jumbos than they were against powerful Rhode Island. Comparative distances and times, as noted in the Tufts performance against Boston College last week, seem to point to an easy Harvard victory.

Roy Phillips, tiny distance runner who was the main Brown and Blue threat, entered the Army last week, and there are virtually no individual aces left on the Medford team's roster.

For the Crimson, all of last week's performers will be back on duty. Captain Don MacKinnon, who last week won both the low and high hurdle events, as well as taking a third in the 220, is ready for action, and is expected to record his weekly double. In the sprints, Freshman Paul Laskin, winner of the 100 and 220 in the Handicap Meet, carries Mikkola's hopes, as do Joe Moore and Eddie Smith.

Middle distances races will find Max Pincus and Ward Slingerland the ace 440 men, with Henry Mason and Dick Bryan carrying the mail in the 880. With Phillips gone, Freshman Mark Tuttle should be very much in the mile run picture, while Jim Foley is the main Mikkolaman in the two-mile.

Field events, in which Tufts looked particularly weak against BC, place Willo Fisher in the limelight. The 18-year-old Sophomore will take part in the discus, hammer, and shot, supported by Sid Smith and Cliff Howard. Bob Schneider and Tom Holyoke will be out to take the broad jump, while Dean Hennessey is the foremost Harvard high jumper.

Pole vaulters Alex Rogerson and Alex Slingerland will try to reach new heights, while Donor Lion eyes the 160-foot mark in the javelin throw.