THE CAISSONS GO ROLLING

MUZZLEBLAST

Replacing last year's Battery X, Battery Z has been created to continue the Department's policy of voluntary RSOPs Rconnaissance, selection, and occupation of position will be carried out in marches to nearby key positions for the purpose of affording members of the Regiment an opportunity for practical work. Battery Commander is Cadet Major Jack Corrigan who plans to hold a practice RSOP this afternoon at 1400.

* * *

In line for congratulations are Warrant Officer James Asher, Staff Sergeant Joe Parry, and T-Corp. Oley Oleson, members of the Department's clerical staff, all of whom were recently promoted.

* * *

A new voluntary gunnery practice for members of the advanced course got under way last week when quite a few men attended the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday sessions under the direction of Lieutenant Corse.

Feature of the new voluntary drill is special instruction in Fire Direction, Forward Observation, and other vital aspects of Gunnery. Men attending, learn not only theoretical functioning, but practical applications of all phases of the work, including the duties of Fire Direction Center operators such as H.C.O., V.C.O., and the computers.

This instruction is scheduled tol ast for two more weeks, and from all indications, with a larger number of men attending each time. Lieutenant Corse will continue as officer-in-charge.