THE ARMY CHAPLAIN SCHOOL

3 Chaplains Made Captains; W.B. Veazie Is Lt. Colonel

The promotion of one chaplain to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and three others to the rank of Captain was announced today by Chaplain (Colonel) Cleary, Commandant of the Chaplain School.

Chaplain William D. Veazie was advanced to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, and Chaplains Leland B. Henry, Jacob W. Mason, and Ellwood C. Nance were made Captains. Henry was recently awarded the Purple Heart. The four men are all members of Colonel Cleary's staff.

The newly promoted instructors on the staff gave a party to the staff, enlisted personnel, and office force in the International House on Tuesday afternoon, and served refreshments.

The office force at the Headquarters in Germanic Museum are finding considerable relief and relaxation in the newly opened Day Room which has been rather attractively furnished with ping-pong table, easy chairs, victrola, piano, and various games.

In accordance with the policy of the War Department for the proper observance of the solemnity of Good Friday, the Student Chaplains were relieved from classes for the afternoon.