1100 NAVY MEN, 500 NEW FRESHMEN WILL REPORT AT CAMBRIDGE TODAY

Class of '47 to Go Through Full Gamut

Running the gamut of Memorial Hall's registration bedlam this morning will be between 500 and 550 new civilian Freshman, first contingent of the Class of '47. With study cards, advisers, preliminary meetings, welcomings, and just getting settled, the new group is in for a busy week.

After registration today, the usual placement tests and English A exemption exam will be taken. This evening at 7:30 o'clock there will be a reception for new students at Lowell House. Speakers will include Paul H. Buck, dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Richard M. Gummere, chairman of the Committee on Admissions, and the Rev. Dr. Willard L. Sperry, dean of the Divinity School. Delmar Leighton, '19, dean of Freshman, will preside over the meeting.

Meeting Tomorrow

Tomorrow a second meeting will be held in New Lecture Hall at 9 o'clock where courses and study cards will be discussed. Keyes DeW. Metcalf, University Librarian, A. Chester Hanford, dean of the College, and Dean Leighton will speak.

A third required meeting will be held on Tuesday at 2 P.M. when the Physical Training and Hygiene department representatives will explain the conditioning program and the hospital facilities at Harvard. Dr. Arlie V. Bock, head of the Hygiene department will be one of the speakers.

A third meeting for all new students will be the regular Phillips Brooks House activities meeting a week from Tuesday night, with representatives of all extra-curricular organizations and sports speaking.

Added to this will be furnishings, laundry-haggling, and cleaning contracts for the harassed Freshman in his busy first week