THREE - TERM YEAR BEGINS TOMORROW

Registration Closes Today for College's Summer Trimester

Classes begin tomorrow in Harvard's first trimester, as this morning's registration of civilian and NROTC upperclassmen finishes that part of the preliminary work which has been going on in Memorial Hall since 9 o'clock Thursday.

'47 received its big manila envelopes then, and 489 men signed their names on the required lines before running the greatly reduced gauntlet of solicitors, having only the publications representatives to deal with.

V-Men Hit Forms

Thursday afternoon saw the V-12 men march up from Eliot and Kirisland to go through the mill, with almost 700 completing the process then and few stragglers filing through Friday morning. The long tables will be taken down after this morning's 9-12 session.

Just now many students will register in this period is a moot point, and will remain so until the process is completed. The official guess is 600 civilians in addition to the reasonably accurate figure of 203 NROTCers. But the official guess on '47 was 500-550, and only 492 have shown up to date. and social science of allied nature.

Most of the men had previous training at the Provost Marshal school and some may become e provost marshals when sent overseas. Formerly, the group was scattered all over the country, with the majority serving in civic government. Included are prominent City Managers, Mayors, District Attorneys and the like.

Student heads of the men have already been chosen. Major Karl S. Cate will be Student Executive Officer and Captain Harold F. Stronsen has been made assistant Student Executive Officer.

Last Friday morning the men were welcomed to the University at a short meeting. Colonel William S. Wood, Senior Officer of all Army units here spoke, as well as their own leaders, Professor Friedrich and Captain Magruder