GREGORY WILL ADDRESS 186 ASOTS GRADS

QMC Officers End 3-Month Course at Business School

Major General Edmund B. Gregory, the Quartermaster Genefal, will be the principal speaker at the graduation of 186 Army Supply officers today. The exercises, which are being held in the Baker Library at 11 o'clock, will be the first that the Business School has ever had for that school.

Brig. Gen. Henry D. F. Munnikhuysen, director of the Personnel Division of the Quartermaster Corps, Colonel Wood, Lt. Col. George F. Conner, Commandant of the school, and Donald K. David, dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration, will speak.

West Pointer

Maj. Gen. Gregory, a graduate of West Point, was transferred from the Philippines when he went into the Quartermaster Corps in 1920. He has been on several special missions to Shanghai in his administrative work. The Army sent him to the Business School in 1929 to receive his Master of Business Administration degree. He was appointed Quartermaster General in 1940.

Brig. Gen. Munnikhysen went into the cavalry upon graduating from West Point. He also transferred to the QMC in 1920 and attended the Army War College, Army Industrial College, and General Staff School before being stationed here.

Three Months Old

The Army Supply Officers Training School was set up three months ago. It offers a three months course in procurement, Accounting, and Statistics, with weekly field trips to supplement their training.

The Business School Faculty teaches all but one of the courses with the remaining class and Physical Education wholly in the hands of the Army. The men that are graduating hold commissions as high as a Majority. They have come from the Air Force, the Ground Forces, and Replacement Cenetrs.

Prepare for Higher Work

The course was planned to prepare the officers for higher echelons of Army supply work by acquainting them with the language, fundamental problems, and the point of view of business men and industrial organizations with whom the Army deals in procuring supplies. On graduating the officers will return to active duty.