Yale, Brown on Soccer Schedule; Football Team Has Three Games

Crew to Face M.I.T., Navy Here October 9

Slowly but almost surely, the fall sports season is shaping up, with action ahead for the football and soccer squads as well as the crew.

The booters will have the fullest schedule, starting with a game this Saturday against an R.A.F. group and continuing with contests with Worcester Polytechnic Institute, M. I. T., Tufts, Brown, and Yale.

On the gridiron front, W.P.I. has been shifted from the B-team card to fill one of the Varsity's open dates--October 9. The only other dates filled so far have Camp Edwards visiting the Stadium on November 6 and Tufts coming the following Saturday.

Navy Coming Up

For the crew, an announcement from M. I. T. yesterday stated that Tech was sponsoring an "informal" three-college regatta on the Charles on October 9, with Annapolis and Harvard eights furnishing the opposition. The Crimson expects to enter four boats: the Varsity stroked by Schultz Wood, the lightweights paced by Jack Thayer, a Freshman group led by Henry Harper, and a Jayvee which has not been made up yet.

Yesterday afternoon the soccer team had its first meeting, at which about 70 men showed up. In addition to the Varsity squad, which includes Herb Allen and Paul Morgan from last year's team plus a number of former Freshman players, a group will be organized for intramural competition. No experience is necessary for this, and athletic credit will be given for civilian and V-12 students.

Besides the games already planned, the soccer schedule will include contests with the crews of British and French ships being repaired in nearby ports. The football card will also be filled out, and the decision of the Boston College authorities to give the students the football they had asked for makes another potential opponent for the Crimson.