ARMY TO BATTLE NAVY IN INDOOR SPORT MEET

ASTP, V-12 Clash to Be Held February 10

Acceptance of the ASTP's challenge by four Navy V-12 squads will lead to the first formal Army-Navy Sports Carnival in the Indoor Athletic Building, on Thursday night, February 10.

With the full support of Harvard service heads Captain George N. Barker, USN, and Colonel John K. Howard '15, AUS, plans have been developed to match boxing, wrestling, swimming, and basketball teams in a three-hour, all-star contest.

With spectators drawn from the College and non-participating service personnel whose regular Wednesday night liberty is shifted to that night the initial boxing and wrestling events will both start on the main floor at 7:30 o'clock.

One Bout for Each Weight

For each of the six weight classes on the mat, and seven in the ring, one bout will be staged. Army entrants are being chosen by inter-company competition, while Navy squads are working out on regular training schedules.

Although the 440 yard race is omitted, all other features of customary collegiate swim meets will be preserved when the soldiers and sailors take to the tank at 8:30 o'clock. Each unit will make double entries in all events.

Fourth offering, planned to start after the others are finished, about 9:30 o'clock, is a full-length clash between veteran Crimson court-men of the V-12 and experienced Army basketballers teamed together by intra-unit workouts.

Medals to Be Awarded

To the 13 individual boxing and wrestling winners, medals are to be awarded by the planning committee, while similar recognition will be given to members of the top basketball squad. In the case of tank victors, first, second, and third place awards will be made for all events.

With late liberty secured for supporting members of the rival service schools, Director of Athletics Norman W. Fradd expects large turnouts at this first large-scale attempt to bring the two units closer together in sport-relations.