Jane Pickens to Sing to NROTC Gathering

PUDDING CLUB IS STAGE FOR FETE

Starring lovely brunette songstress Jane Pickens, the Naval Society's semi-annual smoker entertainment will take place at the Hasty Pudding Service Club tomorrow evening from 7:20 o'clock to the expiration of special liberty.

In addition to the massing of local talent which proved so successful at last summer's similar affair, Entertainment Chairman Hugh Hadley's committee has arranged for Miss Pickens, currently appearing at the Copley Plaza's Oval Room, o add the extra touch of glamour appropriate for the Naval ROTC's send-off to its numerous members about to be commissioned.

Committee Plans Caricatures

Heading the detail arranging smoker plans is Richard W. Mechem '45, one of he upperclassmen due for Ensign's stripes by the end of February. Mechem's associates have drawn up the traditional series of satirical skits which have in the past been presented in such dignified settings as the Harvard Club of Boston.

Formerly composed of the senior two classes of the 18-year-old Officer Training Unit the Naval Society is now busy arranging, social activities and professional lessons for the 150 men left in the Classes of '45 and '46.

Officers to Attend

Those present at the entertainment will include the club's newly-elected officers, John Shillito '45, Donald F. Knowlton '46, Milton C. Baldridge, Jr. 46, and, Dougles Danner '46.

The last Navy undergraduate smoker was held by members of the V-12 Unit on November 17, but NROTC men were not allowed to attend.