BOND TOTALS REACH $14,562 AS DRIVE ENDS

Lowell Wins Inter-House Competition, Selling $7000

Despite a last-minute lag in interest, the three civilian Houses went almost 500 per cent over their quota in the Fourth War Loan drive which ended Wednesday at noon. The inter-House competition was swept by Lowell, which rolled up a total of $7,610.60 to more than double the total of second-place Adams and to go almost $660 above the combined totals of its two rivals.

The $3000 quota which Phillips Brooks House set for the inter-House competition was passed early in the drive, and the mark finally reached was $14,562. The Minute Man Flag for most undergraduate participation was won by Lowell, with 90 per cent, while Adams was one per cent behind, and Dunster, the early leader, fell way below the national average with 55 per cent.

Knight Leads Drive

Harvard's section of the drive was led by Bertram A. Knight of P.B.H., who presented the Minute Man Flag at Lowell House Wednesday night, while the House committees were headed by Arthur A. Hartman, Stephen D. Becker, and William L. Spront for Lowell, Adams, and Dunster respectively.

Core of the month-long appeal came in a three-day period in the late third week, when Lowell House shot from $2,500 to $5,700 and the other Houses put on smaller spurts. Knight said that the drive has been "watched with great interest because of the lack of outside publicity." No jeeps, battleships, or one-fifty-five-millimeter shells were bought by College civilians--just bonds.