Crimson Ruggers Trounce RAAF for Year's First Win

Pritchard and Hodge Stars Of 16-4 Victory Saturday

With three weeks of intensive practice and coaching by Coach Syd Cabot behind them, the Crimson rugby team proved its merit on the far field at Soldiers Field Saturday by thrashing an experienced Royal Australian Air Force squad by the score of 16 to 4. All the scoring in the game, third of the season and the first to be won, occurred in a reckless second half when Crimsonmen surged over the Aussie goal on four occasions, and brought their total score to 16 points with two conversion kicks.

The Australians, admittedly "a bit out of condition," were able to hold their own during the first half, and in the first few minutes of the second they broke into the lead, 4 to 0, when one of their forwards, Murley, formerly a New Zealand star player, booted a beautiful running drop-kick over the Crimson's goal posts from the 25 yard line.

Exceptional among the Crimson players were full-back Pritchard, who made several fine long runs to return the Aussle's kicks, and forwards Worthington and Hodge. The Crimson fifteen was sided by Lt. Cmdr. Kear of the New Zealand Navy, who is now a law student at the University.

Scoring the first two trys was John Loos, while Cummings, assisted by Smith made the third try from a penalty kick near the Aussic's goal line and Thomas scored the fourth try on a beautiful long kick. Credit for a fine conversion give to Loos.

A game with Princeton is tentatived planned for Saturday, May 20 with a full schedule until then. The Crimson squad will play a New Zealand team Saturday