Waves Board Briggs Today To Take Up Supply Studies

New Trainees Start Three Month Course

Something new in blue disembarks at Radcliffe today as a new group of WAVES starts training at the Naval Supply Corps School here. The group, after stowing their gear at Briggs and getting acquainted with their new quarters will immediately enmesh themselves in the mysteries of naval disbursing and supply.

The members of this new contingent hall from many sections of the country and many have a background of former business training. The majority are college graduates and all have gone through Midshipman's training. Chosen for their high standing hi Midshipmen's School, or for exceptional work in the field, the Ensigns and jaygees have a stiff three months' course ahead of them. However it is not as if they were entering a sunnery. For any interested parties they have free time from 1600 to 1745 every afternoon and those who make the WAVE equivalent of the Dean's list have shore leave every night.

They Drill Like the Rest of Up

The WAVE regimen is similar to that of the Supply School, across the river. They have a set schedule of classes, specified study periods, and drill periods. Rising at 0630 they sally forth to greet the dawn with calisthenics on the Radcliffe Quad, traditional sunbathing area for the Cliffettes.

After a morning of classes at Long-fellow and the subsequent free period they study until 2200 and have one more hour before turning in.

In the past the Cliffe-dwellers have doffed any vestiges of indifference that they may have picked up from the former denizens for the Yard and have warmly welcomed their uniformed sisters. Similarly many of the present group of Yard-birds will undoubtedly be delighted to delincate the interesting features of Harvard's nautical horizon to the new arrivals.