Lowell Defeats NROTC F-G Five, 26-25, Will Meet Company C in Final Thursday

League Teams Begin Second Tournament

Lowell edged out NROTC Companies F-G, 26 to 25, yesterday afternoon in a tense semi-final intramural basketball game. With F-G thus eliminated from the struggle for top league rank, the Lowell-Company C tilt scheduled for Thursday will decide the outcome of the first intramural series.

Spurred on by the all-around play of Dick Clapp, F-G forged ahead early in yesterday's struggle, leading the Bell-boys, 12 to 6, at the half. The NROTC quintet increased its advantage in the early stages of the second period, but Paul Haskell, Fred Donahoe, and Kay Mallett scored in rapid succession, threatening a Lowell rally.

Donahoe Shoots Winning Basket

F-G called time out, but the Bellboy drive continued until Lowell went ahead by three points. Three seconds before the final buzzer, with F-G holding a scant one point lead, Fred Donahoe tossed a long, low shot into the basket to give Lowell the victory.

In the second tournament, F-G defeated Adams, 22 to 21, on Friday afternoon. Don Schacht and Chuck Leeman of F-G were responsible for 9 and 8 points, respectively. Companies H-I conquered Company D the same afternoon by the score of 22 to 27.