FRESHMEN DISCUSS CLASS ACTIVITIES

Initial steps in the launching of the extra-curricular activities of the first peacetime Freshman class since 1942 were taken last night when Student Council member Thomas L. P. O'Donnell '47 met with the newly appointed House Committees of Standish and Smith Halls in the Standish Common Room.

O'Donnell outlined to the group, consisting of one representative from each entry, a tentative plan projected by the Council for the organization of the "two biggest events of any Freshman year," the annual Freshman Jubilee and the publication of the Freshman Red Book.

The House Committees set Wednesday, November 7, for the first meeting of candidates interested in executive positions on the Freshman annual. O'Donnell indicated that about seven talented, experienced, individuals would eventually be chosen by the Council to fill the key editorial and business posts.

He said that the Council would also choose seven more to direct the social affairs of the "forty-niners." These appointees, he stated, would be temporarily installed until an election could be held some time in December so as "to inject the democratic element." The publication officials, however, "due to the specialized nature of their work," would be decided upon by the Council in consultation with Dean Leighton and Freshman proctors.