Three Teams Win As Harriers Yield

Booters Beat Coast Guard; J. V. Eleven Victorious 25-0

Only the defeat of the cross country team to the Coast Guard Academy, 23 to 31, clouded a string of victories for the Crimson squads Saturday. While Dick Harlow's men were busy scuttling the Coast Guard in the Stadium, nearby on Soldiers Field the soccer Varsity came up with its first win, 3 to 0, against the New London booters. Simitch, Miller, and Aguirre pushed through the tallies, and the strong defensive play of the Crimson halfback line consistently kept the bluejackets well outside the danger zone.

The Jayvee gridmen crushed the Worcester aggregation 25 to 0 on Soldiers Field. Howard scored in the first and second periods on two brilliant end runs, and Newall bucked two over the goal in the second and fourth periods, converting his last score himself for the only extra point of the game.

The soccer Jayvees triumphed similarly, downing Worcester Academy 2 to 0 on the opponent's field. Sellet and Dawson racked up the scores.

The Jayvee gridmen crushed the Worcester aggregation 25 to 0, on Soldiers Field. Newell and Carlton both scored twice for the victors, the entire backfield performing smoothly behind excellent line protection.

Coast Guard easily outpaced the Mikkolamen, taking the first three places in the cross country run, and winning by 11 points.