COMPANY C WINS TITLE CLIPPING LOWELL, 40-28

Standish Freshmen Top Second Tourney

Climaxing a second three-way playoff, Company C routed Lowell Wednesday afternoon, 40 to 28, and thereby became undisputed champion of the Intramural circuit. At the same time, the Standish Freshmen stepped out into a half-game lead in a second House basketball season.

The Bellboys' rapid fade-out in the season's finale was largely due to the absence of first-stringers Hatton and Mallot, but the V-12 men consistently outplayed the civilians, holding their star, Haskell, to eight points. Donahoe contributed 13 markers for the losers, while Kavanagh and Hull netted 13 and 12, respectively for the C squad.

Standish in Win Streak

As in the season just concluded, Standish has got off to a fast start, piling up three victories in the play which began last week. Company C has won both of its contests, while Lowell has not yet seen action.

Only three games were played this week in the new season. The combined F-G quintet from the NROTC toppled A-B by 30 to 12 on Tuesday, while Standish swamped Adams, 35 to 15, and Company C downed H-I, 49 to 22, in games yesterday.

Two contests are listed on the schedule for today, Company D tackling F-G, and H-I meeting F-G. The standings: Team  Won  Lost Standish  3  0 Company C  2  0 Companies F-G  1  0 Companies H-I  1  2 Adams  1  2 Company D  0  2 Companies A-B  0  2 Lowell  0  0