Class of 450 Swells Supply Corps Totals

New Trainees Begin Naval Course Friday

Four hundred fifty more men will join the Navy Supply Corps School Friday to begin four and one-half months' training across the river, boosting the total personnel of the unit to over 900, and thus maintaining the Supply School at its previous enrollment.

The incoming class replaces a group of approximately the same number which graduated last week. Almost two-thirds of the new men will be midshipmen who completed studies in the Naval V-12 program at the end of the winter term, at Harvard or other colleges, while the remainder of the trainees will be officers.

Nineteenth Class

Nineteenth class to start instruction in the unit since its founding in June, 1941, the new contingent complements almost 450 men who are already halfway through their training. The school, now under the command of Captain Kenneth C. McIntosh, USN (retired), is distinct from the Midshipmen-Officers' Unit, which gives a year's training in similar fields.

Midshipmen in training will receive their commissions at the time of their graduation, and most of the men who complete the course will be assigned supply duties afloat. The instruction center, located in the Harvard Business School, has been the only one of its kind in the United States since the closing of a similar unit at Wellesley College.

More than 8000 men have already graduated from the Supply School, which has representatives now in all the units of the United States Navy throughout the world.