Nation Hails 23-2 Win Tomorrow As Diamond Struggle of the Ages

Soldiers Field will reverberate tomorrow afternoon with cheers from an estimated 35,000 fans who will trek from outlying suburbs, Boston and Cambridge, to watch and thrill at the greatest spectacle since the war began. This long-awaited highlight of the spring sports season is reported to be significant of a great change in Harvard's entire sports program.

Commented Colonel William J. Bingham, AUS, '16, director of Physical Education and Athletics, in a special cable from Honolulu, "This marks the rebirth of formal athletics at Harvard. I hope we win."

Senator Happy Chandler, newly-crowned czar of baseball, crept out on a limb for this epic struggle by declaring. "This great game will undoubtedly the greatest of all the when it returns by the forefront to proclaim its possibility of ability. I firmly believe that baseball can played in several episodes which must be."

This diamond classic is the latest in a half century of annual struggles between the Harvard Lampoon and Harvard CRIMSON and promises to result as these epics always have. With the CRIMSON on the winning end in 23 years out of every 25, usually by a score of 23 to 2, this year's gang from the Plympton Street Gashouse is expected in the words of John Drebinger, ace New York Times sports reporter, "to drub the squad coached by Robert A. Lampoon, of 23 to 2 fame, by a fairly high score: probably somewhere in the vicinity of 23 to 2."

Expecting to swamp the CRIMSON's stalwart nine, the hahahasters unwittingly challenged their erstwhile opponents to a meeting on the field of baseball. Realizing his irretrievable error, O. J. Zwoncus '49, Poon prexy, yesterday bemoaned his fate, "Holy cheest, we ain't got a chance."

The 'Poonsters, however, have not been idle in their frantic efforts to foil the oncoming CRIMSON tide. Midnight in the Bow Street aviary has been the scene for oil burning as the board of ibitors plotted their revenge. Coming up with a plan they hope will succeed, the funnymen have spent the past week drafting strong arm plug uglies into their organization in an effort to crowd the roster with big time sluggers