GYGAX WILL REVIEW V-12, NROTC FRIDAY

Girl Sponsors to Take Part In Annual Regimental Show

V-12 and NROTC Battalions will pass in review Friday afternoon at 1630 on Soldiers Field to open their biggest weekend of the term. Present to review the Regiment will be: Rear Admiral Felix Gygax, USN, Commandant of the First Naval District; Commander Roy M. Mundoroff, USNR; Commander Edmund H. Barry, USNR; and Lt. Commander Harvey N. Marshall, USN (Ret). It is expected that University Hall will also be represented in the reviewing stand.

Girls Act as Sponsors

For the first time in the history of the Unit at Harvard group sponsors will participate in the ceremonies. Each platoon leader, company and battalion commander, and the regimental commander has chosen a girl to act as sponsor for his group. Flowers will be presented to the sponsors before the review. Also for the first time, Harvard will have a chance to hear the newly formed V-12-NROTC Drum and Bugle Corps.

Dancing on Terrace

At 2100 on Friday the weekend becomes more social as Ruby Newman and his orchestra play the opening strains of the Regimental Ball. With relaxation of the curfew comes the announcement that dancing will continue until 0100; refreshments will be served. And if the weather permits, dancers can leave Eliot House Chow Hall for under the sky dancing on the terrace.