'CLIFFE CREW TO FIGHT FOR FEMALE'S FREEDOM

It's a Man's World, Say Crimson Oarmen

This is a man's world, but the women refuse to believe it. Ever since Dolly Bloomer's revolution, the girls have been trying to prove their equality with men-and, although always beaten back, they have never given up trying. This time, the Radcliffe crew, fired with the spirit of "Liberte, egalite, and fraternite," is taking up the torch in defiance of man's so-called superior athletic prowess.

The husky 'Cliffe dwellers, determined to show that women are still forces to be reckoned with, are slated to oppose an over-anxious and over-confident Harvard crew, which promises to give the girls a shellacking so hearty that they'll go crying home to momma.

'Cliffe Dwellers Confident

Both camps are dead-sure of victory. Miss O. U. Kidd, Radcliffe '43 (slightly retarded) has come forth with this statement, "What Delilah did to Samson and what Frankie did to Johnnie ain't half of what we're goin' to do to the Crimson crew tomorrow."

Although the feminine eight has practiced only four times together this season, they are firmly convinced that they will not repeat last year's flasco when one of the plump oar-pushers stuck her foot through the shell. In fact, the girls aren't going to use a shell this year, but a shell-barge.

The big regatta will start at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon with a large attendance predicted. The 'Cliffedwellers have bet their shirts on the race and word comes from the Harvard camp that the Crimson boys are just nasty enough to collect.

Starting from a point off Dunster House near the Anderson Bridge, the crews will race half a mile and finish at the River Street Bridge. There will be no head start for the girls.'

Said a usually reliable source (from Newell way), "Women already have entered factories; they are commonly seen as taxi drivers and street car conductors; they have even become doctors and lawyers-they MUST NOT be allowed to invade man's most sacred occupation, crew racing. This movement of incipient revolt must be stopped. Together men of Harvard, the day of glory has arrived!"

The lineups:

Roger Pellaton, stroke; Tom Haymond, 7; William Saltonstall, 6; Thomas Morse, 5; Miles Wambaugh, 4; Peter Roll, 3; Bill Sprout, 2; Howie Hall, bow; Dan Paul, cox.

Radcliffe: Jane Driscoll, stroke; Dorothy Driscoll, 7; Marcia Zacherer, 6; Patricia Baker, 5; Eleanor Merrick, 4; Katherine Fuller, 3; Irene Gitson, 2; Louise Florencourt, bow; Peta Lewis or Harriet Clark, cox.