JACK WALLACE BLANKS NORTHEASTERN SQUAD

Wins 10-0 for Third Whitewash of Season

For the third time in five games and the second in a row, Jack Wallace, ace Crimson hurler, blanked a visiting nine Wednesday, as his teammates' bats pushed across enough runs to come out on top. While the strong armed right-hander whitewashed Northeastern with four hits Coach Floyd Stahl's Varsity banged out eight hits to chalk up a 10 to 0 win.

The third inning spelled doom for the Husky nine as seven runs poured across to put the Stahlmen well into the lead. In one fast and furious inning, the Crimson collected three hits, three walks, an outfield error, a passed ball, a hit batter, and topped it off with the first of two double steals to give Wallace more than enough for him to coast through.

Knowles Relieves

After 49 innings of pitching, Wallace finally gave way in the eighth and last inning to Lefty Knowles, regular B team hurler. With Harvard in the lead and the game almost over, Coach Stahl yanked both his pitcher and first baseman, Jim Fava, to give Knowles and Ken Crumrine Varsity experience. Wallace, in the seven innings that he pitched, was in form comparable to his 14-inning whitewashing of the Boston Coast Guard. Throttling the visitors with only four hits, he struck out eight, two with runners on first and third in the sixth. Knowles, pitching his first Varsity game, upheld the mound duties by fanning two men in his only inning.

The summary: HARVARD   ab  r  h  po  a  e Forte, 2b  4  1  1  1  2  0 Conlon, cf  4  1  1  1  0  0 Coppinger, 3b  3  1  0  1  1  0 Allen, lf  2  1  0  0  0  0 Wallace, p  3  2  2  0  0  0 Closky, ss  2  2  1  5  2  1 Fava, 1b  2  0  0  4  0  0 Carlton, rf  4  1  2  1  0  0 Lackey, c  3  1  1  10  0  0 Crumrine, 1b  1  0  0  1  1  1 Knowles, p  0  0  0  0  0  0   -  -  -  -  -  -   28  10  8  24  6  2