TENNIS SQUAD VICTORS OVER WPI BY 7 TO 0

Victory Second in Row for Crimson Against Worcester

Sweeping all matches, the Crimson meted out a 7 to 0 defeat to Worcester Tech Saturday on the Soldiers Field courts. It was the second triumph over W.P.I. for Coach Douropulos' cohorts, who won 5 to 1 at Worcester earlier in the spring.

In the member one singles match, Half Hunter halted Larry Stewart of the visitors, 6-4, 6-0. Murray Levin, in the second stlot, vanquished Pete McKinley, 6-1, 6-2, while Fred Bolton best Bob Bartlett of Worcester in three sets, 6-1, 4-6, 6-1.

The closest contest of the afternoon saw Jim Robert, Crimson number four man, wear down Jack Corfu in a 14 game opening set and come back to win the next two easily and take the match, 6-8, 6-1, 6-2. In the fifth singles, Tom Frothingham vanquished Phil Duffy of the visitors, 6-0, 6-1.

Teaming up in the doubles, Levin and Hunter won a clean victory over Stewart and McKinley, 6-1, 6-2, though the home team's second doubles combination of Al Alpern and Frothingham encountered, more difficulty, finally coming out on top, 2-6, 6-1, 6-3.