Cushing General Hospital Team Blanked 10-0 in tilt with Stahlmen at Framingham

Seventh Victory for Squad in Ten Games

Fresh from a whitewashing job on the Bruins at Providence, the Varsity nine journeyed to Framingham Wednesday for a repeat performance, this time at the expense of the Cushing General Hospital team, who ended up on the short end of a 10 to 0 score.

Wallace's pitching seemed unhampered by the rainy weather. Allowing only three hits and two bases on balls while fanning a full dozen of the Cushing team, he chalked up his fifth shutout of the season and his second in a row.

Wells, the opposing pitcher, struck out 11 Crimson batters, but received little support in the field; three errors and three passed balls in the crucial frames helped the visiting team to five unearned runs.

Three Tallies in the Second

Held scoreless in the first, the Stahlmen came back in the second with the help of two errors, two passed balls, two wild pitches and two singles by Lackey and Conlon, to drive in three runs which were enough to win the game. The hits were well distributed over the nine inning course, and did little in themselves to contribute to the victory. Superb fielding the first errorless game of the season for the Crimson squad, coupled with consistently accurate twirling kept the Cushing men scoreless.

Commenting on the game, Coach Floyd Stahl stated that the victory was in no small part due to the inexperience of the Cushing team as contrasted to the regular drills for the Harvard nine, but anticipated a more even contest when the squad meets Tufts this Saturday in the season finale.

The summary:   ab  r  h  po  a  e Forte, 2b  5  1  2  2  0  0 Conlon, cf  5  1  2  1  0  0 Coppinger, 3b  5  0  1  1  2  0 Allen, 1f  4  1  1  1  0  0 Wallace, p  5  1  2  0  0  0 Closky, ss  5  2  1  2  1  0 Carleton, rf  4  1  1  1  0  0 Lackey, c  4  1  2  12  1  0 Crumrine, 1b  3  2  0  7  0  0 Lindewirth, c  0  0  0  0  1  0 40  10  12  27  5  0

Innings:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Harvard  0  3  1  1  1  1  3  0  0--10