Council's Activities Proposal Delayed

Counting of Questionnaires Defers Report's Completion

Its whereabouts unknown for nearly two weeks, the Student Council Report on undergraduate activities, scheduled for release early this term, turned up this week in Daytona Beach, Florida. Daniel P. S. Paul '46, graduating Student Council member, is still tabulating the questionnaires which were distributed in June to determine the extent of undergraduate participation in student organizations, and the report will probably not be ready until Fall.

When finally presented to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and to the Corporation for action, it is expected that the report will recommend the building of an Activities Center to house all Harvard organizations which need facilities. The lack of such facilities will be even more acute in the fall, following the razing this summer of Shepherd Hall, makeshift headquarters for several organizations in the past.

The Council, it has been reported, will propose that the building be constructed as a war memorial and perhaps that a general subscription be made on this basis. The Activities Center would be a building of adequate size conveniently located and containing meeting rooms. Offices, a small theater-auditorium for speech and dramatic work, a workshop, and if the organizations polled in June expressed the need, banquet facilities and a lounge.

The building would be administered by a committee composed of the heads of the various organizations which use the building a would be under the general supervision of the Student Council