Council Revision And Term Plans Studied by PBH

Graduate Secretary Selection, Competition, Ticket Agency Discussed at First Meeting

Discussion of the Student Council's new constitution and an outline of activities for the term highlighted the first fall meeting of the Phillips Brooks House Cabinet called by President Ray Goldberg '48 at Brooks House last night.

Appointment of a new Graduate Secretary for the organization, which was expected early this week, will be announced later in the week when the PBH Graduate Committee and the University Corporation fill the post evacuated by Richard A. Waite, Jr. now dean of Norwich University at Norwich, Vermont.

Following a dinner at Brooks House, reports on the summer activities of the organization and plans for the fall term competition were presented to the Cabinet. Plans for the formation of a student ticket agency for legitimate theatres and sporting events were discussed, but final action on the organization of such a committee cannot be effected until permission is granted from the dean's office, acting in the place of the Graduate Secretary.

Council Funds Needed

"Brooks House is primarily concerned with the Student Council constitution revision in that the House receives much of its operating funds through the Council Service Fund," declared Goldberg "and PBH, as a member of the revision committee, will form its policy so that the fund will be continued or increased for carrying out the services of Brooks House."

The Cabinet voted to leave other discretionary matters of the constitution revision in the bands of its representatives on the committee, Gordon W. Hedin '46.

Visitors at the Cabinet Meeting included Lawrence Hyde '45, PBH President, and Robert C. Ogden '45, assistant Graduate Secretary.