Law Forum to Tackle Base of Soviet Policy

Salisbury, Dallin, Pope, Dodd Open Annual Debate Series

Sanders Theatre in Memorial Hall has been designated a substitute for New Lecture Hall tonight for the Law School Forum at 8 o'clock. The change to a large hall has been made because of an expected attendance of 1,500 persons. The doors will open at 7:30 o'clock.

Domestic sources of Russian foreign policy will be debated tonight at 8 o'clock in Sanders Theater, as the Law School Forum begins its 1946-47 season.

The three speakers who will present the subject are Harrison Salisbury, United Press correspondent; David Dallin, author; and Arthur Upham Pope, director of the Iranian Institute and author.

Moderator will be E. Merrick Dodd '10, professor of Law. Questions from the floor will be answered by all speakers during the course of the Forum.

Author of "Russia on the Way," Salisbury served as newspaper correspondent in Russia during the war, and has acted as an observer of Russian foreign policy in action at San Francisco, Hunter College, Lake Success, and Flushing Meadows.

Dallin was exiled from Russia during two periods--from 1911-17, by the Czarist government, and from 1921 to the present time by the Soviet government--and served as opposition deputy in the Moscow Soviet from 1917 to 1921. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Heidelberg. Since coming to this country in 1940, he has published four books--"Soviet Russia's Foreign Policy 1939-1942," "Russia and Post-war Europe," "The Real Soviet Russia," and "The Big Three."

Pope, a former professor of philosophy at the University of California and Amherst, is the biographer of Maxim Litvin-off. He acted as delegate to the Anniversary Celebration of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow in 1945