Frost's Recital Draws lecture Hall Capacity

Pulitzer prize winning poet Robert L. Frost captivated a packed house in New Lecture Hall yesterday afternoon as he spiced his annual recital with sly comments on the current political scene and gave a preview reading of part of his forth-coming book.

After being introduced by Theodore Morrison '23, Director of English A, the gray-haired poet proceeded to discuss the fears which affect a man's life. Fear of God and fear of man are the main types, and they are both similar in that the individual is afraid that his "best efforts" will not be accepted, said Frost.

Commenting on the conception which most renders have of him, Frost said that he was neither a farmer nor a New Englander, except by the efforts of his publishers and an occasional coincidence.

Most of the recital, which was sponsored by the Morris Gray fund, was devoted to the reading of Frost's most recent poems which will be printed in a book to be published this spring. However Frost's recital of his older, more familiar works was so well received that when e recited "Birches" for an encore he paused to remarked, " don't want you to act as if the new ones aren't as good."