Deacons Capture House Grid Title, Clip Bunnies, 7-0

Screen Pass Play, Muldoon to Bell, Goes 93 Yards to Keep Deacon Record Unblemished

By Robert W. Morgan jr.

Pinned back on their seven-yard line midway in the second period, Kirkland's undefeated and unties gridiron eleven uncovered the outstanding play of the intramural grid loop yesterday on Soldiers Field to cover 93 yards and provide the margin of a 7 to 0 victory over second place Leverett.

In taking their sixth straight win, and having only one game remaining against Adams, Coach Pete Igo's boys clinched first place and earned the right to face the number one College team from Yale next Friday.

Deacons Take Over

After steady Leverett pressure from the opening kickoff, the Deacons took over in the shadow of their goalposts when bunny Juan Mayer's fine punt bounced out of bounds in the coffin corner.

Andy Muldoon dropped back into the end zone as he took the pas from center, and flipped a short screen pass over the charging green forward wall to Sto Bell, who galloped all the way behind a thundering herd of nine Deacons. Bell then booted the conversion to account for all the scoring in the contest.

Thereafter the game lapsed into a scoreless deadlock with neither team able to threaten. Leverett came closest in the opening period when they were stopped twice on the Kirkland 20, once with Norm Cameron's attempted field goal on the fourth down falling short of the uprights.

Bunnies Threaten

Again in the third quarter the Bunnies came close, blocking a Kirkland punt and taking over on the 20, but four plays failed to advance the ball. The final frame was marked by frantic Leverett attempts to complete forward passes mingled with runs from the famous Bunny triple-flanker formation, but Kirkland held fast and was driving deep into enemy territory as the game ended, following another interception on the 30 by the omnipresent Bell.