'Two Tickets Per Applicant' Rules H.A.A. on Yale Game

New Haven, Cambridge Report First Sell Out Since 1937, as Alumni Are Turned Away

Struggling to cope with the greatest deluge of ticket applications since the glorious heydays of the twenties, the Harvard Athletic Association has been forced to limit both undergraduates and graduates to no more than two seats per person for Saturday's encounter with the Elis, Ticket Manager Frank O. Lunden disclosed yesterday.

Lunden reported that the portion of the stands reserved for home use had been over-applied by more than 10,000 seats, while the Yale ducats--about 40 percent of the total--had also been completely disposed of.

Most Equitable Method

Faced with this alarming situation, the H.A.A., said Lunden, felt that it could distribute the available tickets most equitably by limiting everyone to two seats regardless of the number applied for.

Lunden admitted that this move would inconvenience undergraduates who had applied for both themselves and friends but said that all students had been warned to make applications in conjunction rather than by pooling their hopes on one man's luck.

More than 11,000 alumni sent in applications for the encounter, Lunden reported, and together with almost 5000 undergraduates who wanted seats, these could not all be satisfied because the average application was for slightly less than three seats.

With distribution of the student tickets beginning today, the H.A.A. also disclosed the locations in which various classes had been placed. The seating plan followed the course of social classes, rather than academic standing or place of residence.

Most Favorite Location

In the most favored locations, 31 and 32 in the upper half of the non-colonnade stands, the Athletic Association placed the Varsity, Jayvee, and Freshman football players and former football H-Men. This section has been reserved for these men both during the regular season games and in former Yale encounters.

In the next best position is the dwindled cheering section, consisting of those College and post-graduate students who have not turned in their regular single-seat locations, which fills section 33 and part of 34.

Among the classes, 1941 through 1944--which the Association grouped together--came out on top. They will fill two small areas, the lower part of section 32 and the upper portion of 34. Falling in behind is the Class of 1945, which will be distributed in several small areas between the 20's. Other undergraduate classes fill in the home stands on both sides of the midfield stripe, with the alumni falling chiefly in the end zones.

Expecting a large and continuous crowd of students attempting to pick up their seats, Lunden announced that the ticket counter in the Union basement would be fully manned by ticket-men and women for the first time this season.