Parietal Rulings Trimmed to Meet Weekend Burden

House Masters Act to Eliminate Cumbersome Sign-in Method In Liberalization of Policy

With the exigencies of the forthcoming weekend in mind, the Housemasters have acted to simplify parietal procedures for Friday and Saturday. The Masters, fearing an overloading of the technical facilities of the system, have eliminated the most time-consuming features of the parietal rules.

Biggest change for the weekend will be the dropping of all signing-in and out rules all day Friday and Saturday. Instead of the customary requirement of checking in all female guests brought into the Houses, students will merely be under obligation to see that they leave the buildings before the deadline in the evening.

Time Extended

In addition to eliminating checking-in procedures for the two evenings, the Housemasters have extended the visiting hours enough to "remove any hardship from undergraduates."

On Friday night room permission will be moved up to 9 o'clock, while Saturday evening will see girls officially in the rooms until 8:30. One further move will open the Houses at 10:30 Saturday morning instead of the usual 1 o'clock.

Individual rulings within the separate Houses will augment general decisions of the Housemasters. In some cases students will be required to inform tutors of intended parties.